Thursday 16 August 2018

IMPATIENT

Dear Curmudgeon's Agony Aunt.

My partner of 30 plus years often accuses me of being impatient.
She even suggests that I'm a 'temper bag' (her words) sometimes. What's that about?

I do admit that some things in life 'get my goat'. Some examples:


  • Waiting for toast to cook.  It takes so bloody long. There it is just sitting in the bloody toaster when my poached egg is already cooked. Bastard!
  • Waiting for the computer to boot up. I've turned it on, what more does it want? It just sits there clicking away. Doesn't it know that I've got important blog posts to write? Bastard!
  • Putting that glass plate back into the microwave. Why is it so bloody difficult? Why do they have those three little locating thingies if you can't easily locate the plate into them? Bastards!
  • Waiting to finish peeing before I can flush. I'm ready to flush the toilet - all set to go but I'm still peeing. Bastard!
- Anthony Sy.


Dear Anthony

Chill out man (I assume that you are a man). Frankly I can't understand how your 'partner of 30 plus years' has put up with you without being accused of a capital crime.

The Bible says on this subject:

"Whoever is patient has great understanding, but one who is quick-tempered displays folly."

-  Proverbs 14:29

Your examples though do have some weight. I'm with you on that toast thing and, as for that bloody microwave glass plate - Fuck! ..... sorry. I'm not with you on the peeing thing (not being a Donald Trump sympathiser) but suggest that you drink less or sit down when you're peeing so that you aren't tempted to press the flush button.

I trust that this was helpful.

- The Curmudgeon's Agony Aunt.

1 comment:

  1. 'I trust that this was helpful.'

    As helpful as peeing on the floor and not cleaning it up.

    ReplyDelete

DIDACTIC DICK

Dear The Curmudgeon's Agony Aunt I have a problem that's getting worse as I grow older. Everything that I do I need approbation for....