Saturday 16 November 2019

LA-DI-DA

Dear Curmudgeon's Agony Aunt,

My wife has an older friend who she has known longer than me (nearly 40 years) who has acted as a kind of mentor to her. This friend, now in her 70s is at times a bit opinionated and a bit alternative in her thinking. She is very intelligent I admit but I feel that she is pretentious and that her somewhat bohemian and overt behaviour is a put-on to get attention. I daren't say this (again) to my wife as it caused problems some years ago when I mentioned this. What do you suggest?

                                                                                                                   - Judgemental

Dear Judgemental. You aren't going to win this one I'm afraid so 'suck it up'. Your judgemental attitude might be telling us something about you though - mmmm?
I suggest that you ignore your annoyance and find excuses not to be around when this older friend visits or when in potential social settings. Dying is good.


2 comments:

DIDACTIC DICK

Dear The Curmudgeon's Agony Aunt I have a problem that's getting worse as I grow older. Everything that I do I need approbation for....