Saturday 6 February 2021

ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE





Dear The Curmudgeon's Agony Aunt

I love you.
Why can't everyone love everybody?

- Rob from the dark ages



Well Rob, what an idea eh?
Imagine that. Everyone hugging each other and saying "I love you Mr Policeman" or "I love you cute girl next door". Wouldn't that be nice?

But ...

What about the guy who mugs the old lady as she's getting her pension from the post office?
What about the pedaphile who has children tied up in his or her basement?
What about the landlord who decorated a leaky shipping container and fobbed it off as a flat to immigrants?
What about  the security guard who kicked you in the bollocks just because you asked why you can't come into the pub?
What about the dodgy manufacturer who cut corners in production of baby strollers which snapped closed and suffocated children?
What about the guy who lurks in public parks and attacks and rapes young females?
What about ....?   You see where I'm going here don't you?

- The Curmudgeon's Agony Aunt.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't quite get where you were going there Sally. In Rob's ideal world everyone professes love for everyone else. That would require everyone to be 100% honest and gain control over any weird desires they might possess. It would also require a sincere love that seeked no reward, like eternity in Heaven with Mr Linford. Seems like big call, taking into account that Rob's god seems to like a bit of evil on the side. I don't really feel you gave a helpful reply to Rob's dilemma Mrs Oldcunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two mistakes...
    a - missed out

    Oldkunt - incorrect spelling

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I don't love you.

    - Sally Ol .... I mean The Curmudgeon's Agony Aunt.

    ReplyDelete

DIDACTIC DICK

Dear The Curmudgeon's Agony Aunt I have a problem that's getting worse as I grow older. Everything that I do I need approbation for....