Friday 18 March 2022

я хочу з тобою одружитися

"You would make for me very good husband no?"



Dear Curmudgeon's agony Aunt

For some years I've been receiving spam mail from purportedly Ukrainian women who would like to  visit me and maybe get married. They generally ask for a plane ticket to New Zealand because (somehow) they know that I would be a very good husband for them. Frankly I'm flattered but my partner of 34 years says that it's a scam and they only want my money so I delete the emails as they arrive.

Over the last couple of weeks, since Russia has invaded Ukraine, I feel guilty for deleting these emails and wonder if I should help out as we in the West have been asked to do by various governments
 and non-governmental agencies.

What do you suggest?

- The Live Wire Curmudgeon.


Dear Live Wire. Are you serious? Do you really think that one of those babes would want to marry you when .... well, when there are fine figures of men around like Richard of Richard's Bass Bag?
Listen Sparky, I suggest that if you are serious then you should cut out the middle-man and just send actual money to the babes (and their pimps). It'll save a lot of tears later, believe me.

- The Curmudgeon's Agony Aunt.

3 comments:

  1. They're obviously targeting The Curmudgeon because he is a chick magnet!


    Hang on, maybe he's just a straight old magnet. You know, a steel thing shaped like a horse shoe. Sorry to put you wrong there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I remember when .... um .... what were we talking abo ..... Lynn, Lynn, LYNNNNNNNN where are my golf shoes I have to go ......um .... tennis anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe he is working on a super conductor magnet! It would explain the paving stones to his basement.

    ReplyDelete

DIDACTIC DICK

Dear The Curmudgeon's Agony Aunt I have a problem that's getting worse as I grow older. Everything that I do I need approbation for....