Monday 20 June 2022

WAS IT SOMETHING I SAID?

 Dear The Curmudgeon's Agony Aunt.

I have a problem ..... ha ha, I guess I wouldn't be writing to you if I didn't have a problem ..... what a hoot!

Anyhoo, I've recently opened up a couple of Facebook accounts and have subscribed to some community groups- you know, local craft groups, discussion groups, community services and stuff. Are you with me? Well, when I post something or comment, for some reason I annoy people and get into on-going arguments with strangers. It gets to the point where the administrators, those small minded dullards, delist me from the groups when all I've been trying to do is show the idiots in the discussion threads what effing morons they are. How unfair is that?

Have you any advice for me?

Sal. F. Rytchus.

Dear Sal

Yes, I've 'met' people like you on social media and, frankly Sal, I don't like you or them. Were you the one who criticised me for liking those nice little video clips of the puppies? Mmm? Or maybe you gave me a hard time for saying that I liked the Barry Manilow concert I went to. Just because I like my wines to have no labels on them doesn't give you the right to say that I've got no taste you stuck-up  bastard!

I think you should get a life and stop hiding behind those made-up Facebook accounts you twerp.

I hope that this is helpful.

Your sincerely

The Curmudgeon's Agony Aunt.




7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ha ha. I've been having a protracted battle with a whole lot of stupid Americans on a Facebook/Neighbourly site to do with alcohol-free drinks. Some of them get quite nasty on the one hand and others take a stance like Robert's "I love you" Christian stuff which is frankly more annoying than the nasty stuff. It's a bit of a laugh really but I get delisted and have to come back on as someone else. It's a bit like trolling I guess but I want some serious discussion on the subject but most of the people in the group are as thick as pig shit.
      Hey ......

      Delete
  2. I feel dirty thinking that Curmudgeon has been dipping into Facebook and then posting on Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You better confess that then.
    Oh, wash your hands as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear The Curmudgeon's Agony Aunt.
    I am worried that I might be becoming a comments crank. My dear old mum tried to warn me about obsessions but I just can't seem to quell my obsession for getting more comments. I'm finding myself laying awake at night wondering how many comments my latest post has had. I know that my brother Robert loves me but, every time he comments (after I've checked his grammar), all I think is, "Hey, another comment!"
    I think that I might need help. Should I return to the Catholic faith or can you solve the problem? I should point out that I'm not the sort of guy who is keen to get heavily involved in furniture posts. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Richard (of RBB)*
    ps. I enjoy Cleanskin wines. Could that be part of my problem?




    * the original bass bagging site

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Richard of RBB).
      "of RBB)"?
      Really?
      I can see that your obsessions are wide ranging. Next time you'll be telling me that you spend half of your life practising playing musical instruments and keep some sort of log book detailing, in excessively orderly and fussy detail how many hours you spend on it each day. Hey! I'm only kidding around only someone who has conflict owing to toilet-training in infancy would obsess in excessively orderly and fussy detail something like that.
      You say that Robert loves you. Mmm? Does he really or does he just say that to everyone because he too is looking for affirmation and to be wanted? He is a Catholic isn't he? Well, there you go, and I mean it. You should go.

      The Curmudgeon's Agony Aunt.

      Delete

DIDACTIC DICK

Dear The Curmudgeon's Agony Aunt I have a problem that's getting worse as I grow older. Everything that I do I need approbation for....