Saturday 2 March 2024

BORING SONG

Dear The Curmudgeon's Agony Aunt.

I find it hard to write this as it is a bit too 'close to home'.

For a while now I've been interspersing my interesting and informative posts with the most boring scenarios I can think of and write them in a dull and sleep-inducing style borrowing freely in theme, structure, narrative and comprehensibility from the others in the blog community. I do this in jest as a form of satire. Being ironic if you will.

Often this works well with a begrudging acceptance by the readers which I take as approbation. In my latest effort though - STUMPS - CRICKET, TREE AND FENCE - TAKE YOUR PICK I have received no feedback at all, not even a 'witty' zzzzzzzz from Richard. Can you please tell me why this is?

Yours in anticipation of a helpful response (and a reminder that staff evaluations and salary reviews are imminent).

The Curmudgeon.


Dear The Curmudgeon (boss)

I understand where you are coming from on this and, as an avid reader of your posts have noticed these, let's call them 'lesser posts' that, over the years of your very popular blog (now in single figures readership) broke up the serious, political and important posts providing a kind of comic releif for devotees. In recent times however I have ascertained that these 'lesser posts' have become more frequent and, dare I say, have become fillers in your blog.

At the risk of receiving a poor review in the employee consultation process I feel compelled to point out that you are in fact, as no doubt some old schoolteachers through a form of self-recognition will soon be calling you, a boring bastard. You are in danger of singing the same old boring song.

Yours in the interest of being understanding and helpful

The Curmudgeon's Agony Aunt








1 comment:

  1. Don't worry TC. I will teach you. I'll get onto it this morning.

    ReplyDelete

DIDACTIC DICK

Dear The Curmudgeon's Agony Aunt I have a problem that's getting worse as I grow older. Everything that I do I need approbation for....