Tuesday, 21 July 2026

1440, WHEN SCULPTURES WERE NAUGHTY

 Dear The Curmudgeon's Agony Aunt

My partner of 38 years is becoming ever more cheeky and critical of me lately.

On the weekend, when we were walking through town I stopped at a fashion clothing shop having spied a nice striped sweater I liked and asked her if I should buy it. She looked at me sideways and said that if I did I'd look like a bumble bee and besides, the shop was a woman's fashion store.


I remonstrated saying that I was sure they would have larger sizes and besides, the stripes were blue before the penny dropped.

"I've been likened to Donatello's David" I told her before walking off in a huff.



How unfair is that?


- David Inbronze


Dear David, I ... hey! Is that letter from you boss? I recognise the writing style and the good grammar and correct spelling.

Look, what can I say. You might well have been told by a girlfriend back in 1979 that you had a body like Donatello's David - see here ...


... but that was 47 years ago. Things change you know. I suggest that you take your partner's advice and buy something without horizontal stripes and in a large size. Gordon's camping store will stock a tent in your size I'm sure.

I trust that this advice has been helpful


 - The Curmudgeon's Agony Aunt.





1 comment:

1440, WHEN SCULPTURES WERE NAUGHTY

  Dear The Curmudgeon's Agony Aunt My partner of 38 years is becoming ever more cheeky and critical of me lately. On the weekend, when w...